Loriens leading Banking client are soon hiring for a number of DevOps Engineers across numerous areas of the bank.
Looking for strong DevOps experts keen to move in to a new permanent position.
What you'll do
As a DevOPS and Public Cloud Engineer, you'll be contributing to and managing the selection, creation and maintenance of technologies required to meet the needs of our customers, ensuring alignment to the Chief Technology Office (CTO) strategic targets and architecture outcomes. Throughout the course of your work, we'll look to you to help produce high availability and low-cost systems.
You will be:
- Identifying, designing, and developing Public Cloud products and services for our internal public cloud customers
- Utilising infrastructure as code to create and distribute the products and services to our customers
- Using automation to provide testing and a route to live for the products and services
- Providing operational support to other teams in the event of major incidents or complex technical issues
- Building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across bank to make sure decisions made are commercially focused and create long term value for the bank
- Making sure that decisions are made based on robust data, return on investment and value measures that demonstrate thoughtful and intelligent cost management
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need the ability to understand how your area of expertise supports customers, from the core development of technology to risk-based decisions. On top of this, you'll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms
Along with experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance, you'll need the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge in either GCP, AWS or Azure, (ideally evidence of progress made towards public cloud certifications)
- Solid understanding of the DevOps mind-set, collaboration, automation, and tooling, including experience of infrastructure as code (Terraform) and a solid grasp of CI/CD pipelines including Team City or Gitlab
- Experience in software engineering or automation scripting using Python, as well as an understanding of the software development lifecycle
- An understanding of Agile methodologies paired with working knowledge of the Agile toolsets and experience of working in an Agile team
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues quickly and effectively
- A good understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and cloud technologies in general
- A solid understanding of security, risk and controls, and security and governance frameworks
Please apply if this is of interest and we will be in touch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search