Risk and Compliance Manager
Risk and Compliance Manager - Outside IR35
Our client is looking for highly skilled Risk and Compliance Manager to join their Edinburgh based team for a 6 months initial contract.
- Collating supply and demand data from various sources and using the tools available to proactively carry out tactical analysis of this MI to support strategic planning across the entirety of the Risk Function.
- On-going resource planning and allocation. Supporting Risk Heads of Function in assigning people to projects based on their skills, experience, availability, or project budget.
- Capacity planning and monitoring resource utilisation, in conjunction with the Risk Operations team.
- Producing resource MI for the Risk Leadership Team and attending Leadership meetings when appropriate.
- Working with the Risk teams to facilitate assessments of Project Briefs, Change Initiative Risk Assessments (CIRAs) and other project documents to understand the risk profile of the project and the subsequent resource impact on the department, as well as indicative scheduling.
- Liaising with Project Managers, Line 1, and Line 1a stakeholders, Risk counterparts and Risk Leadership.
- Representing Risk at Resource Forums and Committees.
- Strong organisational, presenting and communication skills
- Languages - English
- UK Travel Required - Preferable
What We Offer
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the client and we'll recognise your effort, support your development, and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive, and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values, and our commitment to diversity.
- Analytical Skills
Use of a variety of diagnostic techniques to understand a situation/issue/problem by breaking it down and tracing the root cause/underlying implications in a methodical step-by-step way.
- Communication Skills
Clearly and effectively communicates information, ideas, plans, requests, and opinions to internal and external stakeholders through a range of channels including written and oral. Ensures alignment with communication guidelines and policies.
- Facilitation Skills
Applies a range of facilitation approaches and engagement techniques with groups to enable the discussion, broaden participation, support individuals to make their point and manage differing opinions.
- Managing Information
Effective application of techniques to collect information and process it to facilitate and support key business processes and decisions.
- Managing Change
Employs appropriate processes, structures, tools, and behaviours to lead and/or control change initiatives. Applies a structured approach to drive and support change on an individual, team and/or organisational level.
- Planning and Organising
Organises, prioritises and, where applicable, delegates work activities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet objectives. Includes the principles of time management and multi-tasking.
- Resource Management
Efficient and effective deployment of organisational resources to deliver business results. Resources may include financial resources, inventory, people skills, production resources, or information technology (IT).
- Delivering Results
Meeting and exceeding performance goals and expectations to deliver results.
- Information Seeking
The ability to collect information efficiently and effectively, to provide insight to others or to help solve business issues.
If this is of interest, please submit your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted