A leading insurance company are currently looking for a Junior Information Security Analyst with 2-4 years worth of experience to join the team on a permanent basis.
The Information Security Analyst will work closely with the local and global cyber teams to ensure that appropriate controls are in place and effective to ensure continued protection of the Organisation.
- Support the Director of IT Security with on-going IT Projects ranging from documentation, Threat Modelling, Vulnerability Assessments, embedding security policy, processes into business requirements.
- This role is broad, and on a day-to-day basis you will utilise your security analyst focused skills which may include incident response, ensuring tools are working efficiently and ensuring compliance in this technical domain.
- Visibility of controls and effectiveness of controls.
- Support in embedding and conducting privacy impact assessments (PIS) through separation activities, ensuring all processing of personal data with a high impact has been fully assessed
- Co-ordinate resources to support Privacy and Security requests
- Document any IT impacts and highlighting any areas of concern
- Take an active part in the development of new data protection measures to feed into new organisation wide projects
- Support with internal and external IT audits, assist with evidence collection ensuring documentation is clear and concise.
- Active participation and lead with Security projects for the company
- Coordinate and review user access to key applications and re certify continued access every quarter.
- Engage with stakeholders to develop solutions to mitigate cyber security risks to operational assets.
Skills and Experience
- Understanding and demonstrative interest in data protection, information security and record keeping legislation in a complex environment.
- Be self-motivated and organised individual, with the ability to work with all levels of the organisation from senior managers to junior engineers.
- Good communication and written skills Cyber essentials
- Ability to work with different Technology and Security teams in various locations
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure (networking, security architecture, Cloud technologies, SSO etc.)
- Knowledge of Threat Modelling
- Experience working in a information security role, technical infrastructure and/or software development teams.
- Capability to build and maintain an understanding of a complex and rapidly changing business
- Ability to adapt to a flexible approach to the demands of a busy IT department to accommodate changes in priorities when required
- Good understanding of the GDPR regulation and conducting Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Degree educated or equivalent, preferred alongside between 2-5 years technology / Security experience
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search