An asp.net / c# developer is required to join a application support team of 6 supporting the Underwriting Function of a Global Insurance business.
You will work alongside a senior developer in the team developing / enhancing and supporting the Quality Assurance Workflow and DMS tool that integrates into source systems.
The UW Core, Global and Digital Products Portfolio is made up of people who deliver day to day 'Business as Usual' support and the delivery of enhancements and new applications to support the underwriting teams. The applications are used in offices from Latin America and across Europe and the Middle East, through to Lloyd's China.
This is a hybrid working permanent role, paying up to £70,000 p.a. with one or two times per week in their Fenchurch Street Offices.
- Work within a small development team to produce clean, efficient code based on specifications or User Stories.
- Integrate software components between in-house and third-party applications.
- Deploy tested code to SIT & UAT environments.
- Support developed applications, troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing code when required
- Support the team in working towards continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Help remove technical impediments raised by the team.
- Liaise with the database administration and infrastructure teams to ensure successful deployment of developed products to live environment
Skills and Experience
- Experience (a minimum of 2 years) as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role, working within Agile frameworks and associated architectures, design, coding languages and testing & deployment tools, including some or all of the following:
o ASP, .net, & C#
o SQL Server 2019
o SQL Server Integration Services - SSIS / SSRS/ IIS
o Experience of SQL database development.
o Experience of source code repositories, code branching and version control systems e.g. GIT
o Experience of producing technical support documentation.
o Experience of working within the full development lifecycle i.e. development, unit testing and release management.
o Resourcefulness, attention to detail and troubleshooting aptitude
o AWS / Azure - cloud technologies (application migration / integration)
o CI/CD pipeline build & deployment tools e.g. Bamboo
o Different AWS deployment methods e.g. native EC2, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (JVM) & Docker
o Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
o SQL cloud deployment e.g. RDS/EC2 in AWS.
Although the tech stack is legacy, this will be working on a modernisation programme to the cloud.
Please get in touch with a CV for a detailed job spec and conversation.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted