2nd Line SDWAN Support Engineer - Bracknell - Security Clearance
We are currently recruiting for a 2nd Line SDWAN Support Engineer to assist in direct technical support for all of services in the SST as part of the 2nd Line Team and assist in the day to day operations and duties of the DNS SD-WAN Service. The engineer will also work with the current support personnel to understand the products and their use across the shared service and to develop their diagnostic skills / capability. This is for our client who are a Global IT Services Provider.
This is an onsite role in Bracknell or Solihull, on an inital contract of 6 months and Inside IR35.
This role will predominantly be a day role, however will need to be flexible to cover shift as and when required.
SDWAN Support Team (SST)
We have a number of roles within the DNS SDWAN team in both Bracknell and Solihull for 2nd line engineers to join our new shared service team and work on 2x exciting central government accounts, both these customer will be using our new to market offering of Software Defined WAN solutions. We are looking for engineers who are keen to learn this new technology and form part of our future SDWAN offerings across government and defence industries.
Your role will involve direct technical support for all of services in the SST as part of the 2nd Line Team and assist in the day to day operations and duties of the DNS SD-WAN Service. The engineer will also work with the current support personnel to understand the products and their use across the shared service and to develop their diagnostic skills / capability.
- Working knowledge and experience of network concepts and protocols
- Ideally have knowledge of MS Service Center Support tool, Cisco SD-WAN, vManage, Live NX and Elastic monitoring tools.
- Thorough knowledge of network technologies relating to Cisco product set would be preferable.
- Experience of patching and maintaining, Windows, Linux platforms.
- Ideally have been in a support role in a WAN environments, i.e. has knowledge of IP, Routing, SD-WAN solutions.
- An awareness and proven track record of security monitoring and cyber security controls and defense measures.
The types of activities to be undertaken are:
- Network Monitoring & Event management via Orchestrator tools.
- Proactive monitoring and trending of network associated events
- Generation of WI's, knowledge sharing with peers and team
- Identifying and implementation of CSI
- Performing investigation and Diagnostics analysis of incidents and faults.
- Create workarounds, solutions and mitigations for identified issues.
- Identified issues requiring more detailed and in-depth analysis and escalate to product manufacture.
- The reception of escalated customer fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service.
- To perform remote diagnostic tests where applicable to aid primary fault rectification.
- To ensure all work performed complies with the Company's quality requirements and ISO9000.
- Record returned items from Customer and liaise with Fujitsu repair.
- Pre 'configured' equipment ready for customer installation.
- Implement Approved Configuration Changes.
- Assist in Collation of Performance & Availability Data.
- Liaising and engaging with external 3rd party support
- Customer facing support calls and escalations
- To work with and alongside development engineers for Skill transfer
- The reception of escalated fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service.
- Maintain full and accurate records and progress all customer fault reports and technical enquiries.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search