Type - Permanent Location - London Hybrid - 2 days a week in office Exp Required - Exposure or experience in financially regulated markets and Insurance exposure/experienceWe are looking for an Application Configuration Analyst to join a team to deliver business outcomes within the Insurance sector.
- To administer, support and maintain key business applications.
- Work closely with Product Owners, contributing to the design of, and managing the implementation of, product roadmaps and system test plans, escalating issues to Technical Lead, DevOps and Infrastructure teams where required.
- Under minimal supervision, evaluate business and / or system requirements to determine / recommend application improvements or solutions based on research.
- Document, maintain and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- To provide support and guidance to the business users.
- Manage and partner with external vendors and colleagues.
- Manage, prioritise and resolve incoming issues either independently or utilising other team members or 3rd parties.
- Work closely with Business and other technical teams in the evaluation of business requirements and/or system requirements and to work with the business areas to enhance the applications.
- Manage and control application access, permissions and profiles.
- Coordinate upgrades and rollouts of business applications.
- Develop system test plans and test scripts and approve new system behaviours to ensure alignments with business / system objectives.
- Work with other departments to coordinate interdepartmental activities in order to meet business expectations. Assist in problem resolution as needed to ensure prompt, efficient service in accordance with company policies.
- Develop and maintain procedural and policy documentation.
- Communication of releases, updates and enhancements to relevant end users
Skills and Experience
- Understanding of SQL database structures and practices with proficiency in querying.
- Proven ability to communicate and make presentations to management.
- Exposure to Agile working environments.
- Exposure to cloud based technologies and solutions and working within a DevOps environment.
- System administration.
- Exposure to, or experience within, a financially regulated market.
- Exposure to matrix managed global working environments.
- Experience supporting and administrating insurance based systems with a level of exposure to the following business areas: Actuarial, Exposure Management, Human Resources, Marketing & Internal Communications
Exposure to experience of the below would be desirable:
- AWS / Azure - cloud technologies (application migration / integration)
- SQL Server Integration Services - SSIS / SSRS/ IIS
- Micro services & APIs - Web Service Integration.
- API integration experience.
- Experience of SQL database development.
- Experience of source code repositories, code branching and version control systems e.g. GIT
- Experience of producing technical support documentation.
- Experience of working within the full development lifecycle i.e. development, unit testing and release management.
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail and troubleshooting aptitude
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search