Security Operations Engineer- FTC
Salary: £52K (Could be me more as the client is financially flexible)
Plus a 20% Bonus if you complete the duration of the contract.
Duration: Start immediately with contract ending January 2024 with likely extensions.
My client is a leading gaming organisation working on multiple greenfield projects that requires highly skilled security operations engineers. You will be a key figure in the Cyber Security team. Your focus will be on end-to-end management of security technologies across the organisation, as well as being the main person to demonstrate these capabilities, working with internal and external stakeholders, technical teams, project, and product managers to ensure that security objectives are achieved through the effective use of technologies and procedures.
- The implementation, operation, and maintenance of security technologies, configurations, processes, and procedures across private and public cloud environments.
- Proposing improvements to existing security technologies, processes, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure such as VPNs, firewalls, switches, routers, LANs, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, vulnerability scanning, etc. Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls and Prisma Access is desirable.
- ·Microsoft Sentinel and a good understanding of KQL and working knowledge of integrating custom connectors with Sentinel using APIs.
- Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management technologies and protocols, in particular Azure AD, Conditional Access, Identity Governance, SAML, OAUTH 2.0, MFA, and Role Based Access Control (RBAC).
- Strong understanding of cyber security concepts and systems/solutions such as MDM, IDM, EDR, DLP, SIEM.
- Strong understanding of operating systems including Windows 10/11, Mac OS, Windows Server, and Linux, along with associated security tooling and methods to further secure each operating system.
- Good IaaS and PaaS security skills and experience to secure virtual workloads (virtual machines, networks, WAF, DDoS, containers, key vaults, etc) in cloud environments including Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- DevSecOps experience to facilitate the automation of security operations activities, including the ability to work within an agile security team and be able to use tools such as Git, and integrate operations with CI/CD pipelines.
- Good scripting knowledge and skills, in particular Windows PowerShell, but also other languages such as Python and Bash. Knowledge of Kusto Query Language (KQL) desirable.
So, if you feel your skills and experience align with the prerequisites for this role, then please get in touch, and apply directly.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search