Backend Technical Lead
Backend Technical Lead (C#) - High-volume data processing systems - £75k + 10% bonus
This is an excellent opportunity to lead a team working on business critical, high-volume data processing systems.
Working on a hybrid remote basis (Work from home 3 days a week) from offices in Manchester City Centre, this role is paying £75k per year + 10% bonus THE ROLE:
You will be working on a large scale, high traffic platform that handles thousands of native clients simultaneously and process data in real-time.
Working closely with the Technical Architect, you will lead the development of high-performance data processing server applications. This will include helping to reverse engineer a large monolithic code base and rebuild it in a modern scalable architecture, or make changes to it to support new functionality.
This will include:
- Producing and reviewing Technical Design Documentation.
- Developing Proof of Concepts.
- Championing best practices and high-quality code.
- Reducing defects through a left shift development approach, including thorough and reliable unit and integration testing.
- Act as Technical Lead over Senior and Junior Developers
- Experience developing high performance, scalable, data processing systems.
- Previous experience as a Lead Developer
- Significant commercial experience in .NET with C#.
- Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA.
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Experience producing technical design documentation.
- Database experience, schema design and query building in SQL
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid remote working (3 days a week WFH)
- Flexi-start (7am-10am)
- Death in service
- Employee discount scheme
- Car scheme - reduced prices on a variety of brand-new cars
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
THE COMPANY: Processing 1000's of transactions per second and handling massive amounts of data on a scale similar to that of a stock exchange, this software company develops highly complex systems specifically for the sports betting industry. Whilst they are owned by the world's largest independent bookmakers, providing them with extensive investment to innovate and drive technologies forward, they operate independently from the greater organisation with complete autonomy and maintain their non-corporate culture.
Interested? Contact Philip at Lorien Global
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted