Data Architect for Azure Cloud Platform Permanent Hybrid (1 day in Milton Keynes) Our client in the Further Education Sector is currently looking to recruit Data Architect for Azure Cloud on a Permanent Basis. The role offers the exciting opportunity to take ownership of a newly implemented Azure Data platform and lead its transition of this from successful change programme to a business-as-usual state that will enable continued growth and innovation with data. Key responsibilities The Data Architect will take ownership for:
- Data architecture activities within Data Technology Team, that works on behalf of the Chief Data Officer to have a strategic advisory role on all current and future data technology adoption.
- The engagement in an effective, collaborative, and strategic manner with the key stakeholders in our clients CDO and IT functions comprising of Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects, Data Management, Data Analytics and Data Science teams.
- Leading the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex cloud-based data systems and solutions to support BI & Data Science use cases
- Creation and maintenance of current- and target-state data architectures.
- Ensuring that technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state
- The simplification of the existing data architecture, delivering reusable services and cost saving opportunities in line with our clients policies and standards.
- Setting direction and control over data specialists to undertake the delivery of comprehensive data-centric projects. Providing mentoring and coaching for technology specialists across Data Technology functions
- Leading and participating in the peer review and quality assurance of project architectural artifacts across architecture group through governance forums. Reporting key architecture decisions and implications to the architectural governance forums
- Identification and communication of appropriate resource requirements and work breakdown structure based on skills profile and best fit to complete the end-to-end solution design, and working with the project manager to ensure that project plans and finances align with the design
- Evaluating and recommending emerging technologies for data management, storage, and analytics
- The development of Data Architecture artefacts, including enterprise data model(s) in partnership with other architects in IT and CDO functions.
- Participation from time to time in the supplier selection process, evaluating usefulness and cost of products and making appropriate recommendations
The primary focus for the initial phase of the role will be to:
- Provide architectural support and guidance to Data & Analytics projects that are critical to deliver strategic goals
- Create and maintain current- and target-state data architectures for the Data & Analytics platform (on Azure cloud)
- Simplify the existing data architecture, delivering reusable services and cost saving opportunities in line with policies and industry best practices
- Engage governance forums to implement an effective use of Data Technology and establish the Data Architecture practices that need to work in tandem with existing governance practices.
Skills and experience The successful candidate will have a proven track record in:
- Implementing on-premise as well as cloud-based data solution architecture for a large enterprise with practical experience in relational databases, ETL tools and programming languages (SQL, Python, pySpark, java)
- Relating architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs
- Building data and analytics solutions leveraging diverse traditional database technologies (e.g., SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Teradata) and modern cloud-based storage solutions (e.g. AWS s3, ADLS, Synapse, RedShift).
- Implementing enterprise grade BI and Reporting platform with practical knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker)
- Delivering data models for Data Warehouse following industry best practices and different design methodologies.
- Developing reference architecture, principles, and standards
- Technical ability to predict and advise on future technology roadmap for the organisation to deliver business benefits.
- Translating data and security related regulatory mandates into actionable technology solutions
- Defining methods and approach to large scale and complex change solutions
- Working in a large and complex organisation where stakeholder engagement and collaboration are key to success.
- Certified as Cloud Architect or Cloud Data Engineer from reputed public cloud.
- Knowledge and practical experience of cloud-based Machine Learning/Data Science offerings in GCP, AWS and Azure including MLOps
- Knowledge of Data Management framework (DAMA), Master Data Management, Data Governance & Data Quality Management
- Understanding of infrastructure and container-based deployments (docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge and practical experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), API management and NoSQL databases (document, wide-column, and graph databases
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search