Automation Tester - 6 Month Contract - Edinburgh - To £500/day Inside IR35
Lorien's financial services client, a very well-known Scottish-born firm providing services to clients across the globe from their base in the heart of Edinburgh (hybrid working with office visits on average twice per week), is looking to secure the talents of an Automation Test Analyst / Software Tester for a 6-month contract (Inside IR35).
You'll take the reins across:
- Using your skills across Automation testing (and a little Manual where required), testing key systems in a service-based architecture
- Designing test plans/cases which effectively cover all necessary areas, as well as developing and executing automation scripts
- Scoping, planning and rolling out test activities, as well as conceptualising test processes for new/existing products to meet client needs
- Identifying bugs, performing regression testing when resolved, monitoring debugging process results, and tracking QA metrics
- Working closely with internal representatives including Software Developers, Product Specialists and others
What they're looking for in you:
- Skills across Test Automation and Static Testing in general
- Hands-on expertise with Gherkin / SpecFlow
- Ability to perform both Manual and Automated Testing - You'll need to be able to assess the environment, decide on the best technique to use, and then be able to discuss this choice with the Test Manager/Stakeholders - Whether Exploratory, Manual, Automated or a combination of the lot
- Track record of working effectively in Agile and ideally 3 Amigos and BDD settings
- Automated Testing experience with a strong record in at least one of the following areas:
- API Testing in a .Net environment (C# in Visual Studio) or
- API Testing using Postman or
- UI Testing in a .NET environment (C#, Selenium in Visual Studio)
- Understanding of SQL and ideally Azure DevOps/CI/CD
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th at 12pm, so if you like what you've read so far, apply now with your latest CV for immediate consideration.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search