UX / UI Product Manager / Owner
We are recruiting for an UX / UI Product Manager / Owner experienced in working with B2B products, ideally in the biopharmaceutical/drug development industry, as a product owner, technical product manager or a similar role
This will be on an initial 3 month contract, mainly remote working with occasional travel to London and Outside IR35.
An exciting opportunity to influence and develop within the business development team supporting the product stream within the commercial sales and marketing team.
The UX / UI Product Manager will oversee product development and go to market activities of a brand new commercial digital product offering a sold subscriptions platform service within the B2B biopharmaceutical/drug development industry.
The UX / UI Product Manager is responsible for the success of the product (or products), ensuring the product creates value for its users, customers as well as for the company. He/she is responsible for the prioritization of product backlog and release schedule, and will work closely with other stakeholders (such as Business Analysts, solution architects, project managers, web development and content teams, as well as the Technical Product Manager) on all workstreams to ensure that development work is done and services delivered to the timeframe and quality required.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Responsible for new UX / UI product development and project execution with support of technical product manager, including development of functional requirements (features, user stories) and release of product developments/enhancements in accordance with functional requirements
- Inspire and challenge the multidisciplinary product sprint team (engineering, product management, domain experts and UX design) to raise the bar in creating high-quality solutions
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand and analyze customer product requirements, and prioritize and schedule development initiatives
- Coordinate development resources with the centralized development team and manage project work plans
- Participate in internal meetings in both structured and ad-hoc manner, (such as stand-ups and sprint planning) to support development, track progress and identify potential problems and solutions
- Working with the development team, conduct interim and final testing on new product enhancements as customer validation check, raise bugs/defects identified in the testing phase, and sign off on release.
- Maintain and prioritize product backlog; develop and oversee an incident management process
- Regularly communicate new product features internally and train client facing staff on them
- Coordinate go-to-market activities with internal GTM team as appropriate
- Support Product Manager on exploratory client interviews to identify unmet needs and/or to support market problem identification or validate problem-solution fit
- Own usage analytics, and identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction where appropriate
- Assess business processes and system inefficiencies on an ongoing basis, and work with business stakeholders to propose improvements to eliminate pain points, identify new processes, and automate/eliminate non-value-added steps.
- Design and document process flows for the business solutions as needed
- Promote the product management function and the profession within the team
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Solid experience working with B2B products, ideally in the biopharmaceutical/drug development industry, as a product owner, technical product manager or a similar role
- 1 - 5 years-experience of a Product Owner leading a team in an agile environment
- Familiarity with business or technical news products and services is a plus
- Experience and understanding of product development lifecycle and AGILE development methodology
- Experience building requirements in JIRA
- Strong communication skills with a track record of delivering key product releases
- Experience of working on complex projects with teams in different locations and timezones
- Ability to produce clear test plans and test cases
- Excellent capability to gather, evaluate and understand business process & requirements
- Ability to work with Technical team to identify business solutions within the platform framework that meets the business needs
- Excellent documentation skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Underlying competencies: decision making, analytical skills, problem solving, communication, facilitation and negotiation, teamwork, quick learner, task oriented
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Setup, management, and experience working with defect tracking tools is a plus
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search