Senior Service DesignerRemote - 1 day a month onsite6 months£670 Inside
Service designers design the end-to-end journey of a service. This helps a user complete their goal and deliver a policy intent. Their work may involve the creation of, or change to, transactions, products and content across both digital and offline channels provided by different parts of the organization. Senior service designers work with service managers and programme directors to develop design concepts whilst championing the involvement of citizens, service users and stakeholders throughout the design process.
Main duties of a Senior Service Designer include:
- Support the design and implementation of services, strategies, and policies to ensure business requirements and user needs are being met.
- Advocate for inclusive, collaborative, user centred service design practices and embed them into service design and delivery.
- Advise on which service design tools and methods to use.
- Work with user researchers to understand and meet the needs of users across a variety of channels.
- Champion design for users for whom assisted digital and / or accessibility technologies are required to access a service.
- Facilitate co-design with design teams, citizens services users, and other stakeholders.
- Provide support when prototypes are being developed and validate proposed design solutions.
- Identify and understand constraints, communicate these and work within them (including challenging the validity of constraints where appropriate whilst ensuring standards are being met.)
- Make and guide on design decisions and communicate how decisions have been reached.
- Contribute to DDaT community such as by participating in events and reviewing processes, tools and guidance
- Other duties as required by Live Service to support wider corporate activities.
Essential skills, competencies, relevant qualifications, and previous experience required
- Experience in a digital service design setting, designing and delivering a wide range of service design activities including support team members to understand the value of design, negotiating design briefs and service developments, leading service design activates, and delivering service outcomes based on user, staff and organisational needs.
- Ability to choose and apply appropriate user-centred design methods (from data gathering, idea &concept generation, and prototyping) for different design life cycle phases and situations.
- Ability to communicate design approaches and insights effectively in such a way as to stimulate conversation and collaboration.
- Knowledge of other user centred design practices and experience of collaborating with them for service delivery.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search