Engineering Manager - Data Centre and Security Networking
Location: Remote, Winchester
Salary: £70,000 PA
- Accountable for the Data Centre and Security Design team within the Network and Security Platforms Engineering function ensuring we meet the operational and financial needs of the company, helping it reach both its short-term and long-term growth goals.
- Accountable for a multi-disciplined team of 8 Data Centre Networking and Security engineers responsible for Operational and Build activities on Network Work and Security platforms both On-Premises and in Public Cloud.
- Responsible for management, and support of the network and security infrastructure within Data Centre and Corporate Network estates plus accountability for the design and build of cloud-based network and security functions.
- Provide second line operational support and maintenance for corporate and Data Centre networking within agreed service levels and provide third line operational support and maintenance for security systems within agreed service levels plus provide management support for incidents and escalations.
- Responsible for managing key, dependencies and interfaces between projects requiring resources and deliverables from the Data Centre and Security Team; resolving any issues escalated and providing communications back into the project community
- Managing 3rd party suppliers and partners to ensure that support and services of infrastructure are supported and in line with our support contract and budgeted maintenance spend of circa £1M
- Identify risks within the Data Centre and Security platforms and take action to ensure appropriate mitigation/management of the risk is taken.
- Responsible for making sure the Data Centre and Security design team meets its SLA's agreements with our internal customers within Engineering, Operations and our external customers.
- Responsible for implementation the Asset Lifecycle Management framework across all the assets under the Data Centre and Security team which includes availability, incident, capacity, problem, risk, financial and security management
- Forecast capital and operational costs and deliver services within the defined budgets and reduce costs where possible and take responsibility for technical management of 3rd parties and managing a variable cost base.
- Drive and deliver team engagement, mentoring members of the team on their technical skills, conducting performance reviews and managing engagement to high levels
- Ensure all designs meet the architecture standards, and security requirements and have been approved at appropriate Design boards and Platform manager to sign off any change and ensure risks are fully managed using the risk management process.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- A strong working knowledge of technology asset lifecycle management and continuous improvement mind-set.
- Commercial acumen; cash management, cash preservation and optimising returns on investments
- An excellent track record of leading a team of multi-disciplined technical engineers with the ability to manage the allocation of resources to projects effectively and efficiently.
- Extensive experience of technical design/planning of systems deployment in complex environments and of designing, building, development testing and implementing broadcast and IP systems.
- Experience working with suppliers - both developing new services/capabilities and driving them to resolve and fix functionality issues and errors and experience of technical processes, standards and engineering practices related to area of expertise.
Required Technical / Professional Skillset (s):
- A strong knowledge of technologies involved in Networking and Security including:
- Cisco ACI and/or Nexus 9000 series, Cisco switching and routing and Cisco ACI
- Checkpoint Security
- F5 Load balancers
- AWS cloud network and security
- (SDH, IP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, PSTN Lines, Optical Transport, Broadcast Communications Standards (ASI/SDI), Cisco certification).
Phone: +44 07384447233
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search