Transformation DevOps Engineer - INSIDE IR35
This will be on an initial 6 month contract, remote working and Inside IR35.
We are looking for a Hybrid IT Transformation DevOps Engineer with solid software engineering background, with experience in Application Development, and ideally Transformation and Infrastructure as Code for Cloud Managed Services. You will be working as part of a global team contributing to key initiatives in the globalisation of the client.
You will help to design and develop the collateral/processes/guidelines/automations for Assessment, Migration and Application Modernisation; and will be working to establish a global standard transformation service. This is expected to be the entrance business of the Cloud Managed Service.
You are required to establish solutions for the automation of the transformation, with consideration of templating/automation for dramatic improvements in migration quality and speed. You should be knowledgeable across cloud, DevOps, and application modernisation.
You will operate as a DevOps Engineer in a dedicated Agile team/squad, as part of the HIT Agile Release Train for Cloud Managed Services and HIT. As such you will be working in a DevOps agile business environment with our engineering squads defining and delivering the engineering solutions for others to adopt for manage cloud implementations.
- Working closely with an Architect, Scrum Master, Product Owner, and other Product Engineers in the establishment of solutions, applying strict governance, and continuous improvement to your DevOps processes execution.
- Develop and implement engineering solutions based on best practices and architectural design principles, working with other engineers and architects delivering measurable, high quality, secure, timely outcomes.
- Be a trusted advisor to your peers, and other team members.
- Working closely with other disciplines to ensure that the integration align to the cloud vendors and industry best practices.
- Contribute to internal and external technical content, such as process design documents, presentations, demos, and videos.
- This is a global role requiring flexibility in working practices to accommodate communication across regions. You will be expected to join remote meetings that may be early or late in your day but also have the ability to balance your working time to accommodate.
- Engineering and operational experience with transformation and the implementation of Cloud Managed Services and integration solutions.
- Infrastructure management experience, preferably with mutable and immutable methods
- Understanding of cloud-native design principles and best practices
- Experience in development and delivery of solutions via DevOps methods, with multi-year experience as a DevOps engineer; preferably with a strong application development background
- Enabling and working withing DevOps constructs, and agile software development
- ServiceNow CI/CMDB and service catalogue integration
- Experience in Agile software development, associated methodologies
- Experience with DevOps / DevSecOps, CI/CD pipelines and Kubernetes
- Experience in establishing automated application testing
- Solid understanding of and coding experience working with one or more of the following languages:
- Coding experience C#, Python, YAML and templates
- Typescript/React/Frontend and backend web development
- Infrastructure as Code (ARM, Cloud Formation, CDK, Bicep, Ansible etc.)
- Contribution to development activities where and as required in any given squad, building prototypes and proofs of concepts
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Responsible for continual improvement of your practices.
- Responsible for identifying new skills for the improvement of your engineering activities
- Responsible for the mentoring of other members in the engineering teams as required
Additional / Desirable Knowledge
- Experience in developing against multi-cloud APIs; integrating systems such as SaaS applications, serverless, and microservices
- Experience automating / integrating a broad range of systems and services. Network orientated.
- Site Reliability Engineering
- SDLC/ALM experience
- Security and privacy
Communication, Relationships and Training:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to convey technical information in a clear and unambiguous manner
- Maintain relationships necessary to both contribute to and benefit from the transfer of IP and solutions from global counterparts.
- Develop and deliver technical product training on any integration solutions for engineering units, and any regional architects.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search