In KPMG's Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. It's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors. Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day.
KPMG's Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (GRCS) service line is a key part of our Consulting offering. We provide services to clients relating to internal audit, internal control, corporate governance, risk management, SOx, and related assurance and advisory projects. Our approach is based on added value by using modern control assessment, risk management and audit techniques focusing on strategic and operational risks. Through our Connected Consulting model, we work closely with other service lines to deliver end-to-end transformation programmes for our Clients.
You will work within the UK KPE GRCS team to achieve the following outcomes:
- Delivery of Corporate Governance and Internal Control transformation programmes for Clients: manage Client engagements through their lifecycle from identification of an opportunity, to delivery of the outcomes, to closure
- Development of Corporate Governance reform offering: lead the build of KPMG specific assets or areas of methodology to bring our Controls Framework proposition to the market
- Responding to RFPs and bids for Client projects: bid manage responses to Client RFPs, bringing together the best of KPMG to showcase our solutions and capabilities in response to a Client challenge
Daily tasks are expected to include:
- Drive and lead the day-to-day execution of engagements typically in relation to controls risk assessments, maturity assessments, internal controls diagnostics reviews for clients. This is expected to include activities such as; design and development of risk assessments, annual assurance plans, working papers, development of assurance reports to provide summarised testing results, and other engagement specific deliverables.
- Serve as a coach and mentor and provide opportunities for on-the-job training for other team members and colleagues in the wider service line
- Identify and clearly communicate performance improvement opportunities and leading practices to the Client's senior management.
- Work with partners and directors to assist in practice management including resource allocation, career development of staff, and other administrative decisions.
- Support KPMG thought leadership communications by sharing and participating in the development and publication of best practice and KPMG's point of view in relation to the government's strategy on UK corporate governance
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative professional relationship with the client and engagement or project teams to provide well-coordinated and consistent high performance results
Skills, qualifications, and experience
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in assurance, controls and / or corporate compliance-related roles, including consulting, auditing, risk management. Experience should include performing internal or external audits from the beginning of an engagement or project through completion
- Ability to identify observations and recommendations for business operations and control issues in relation to key risk disciplines (including financial reporting, regulatory, and operational)
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to use data effectively identify and resolve issues
- Experience in evaluating control design and operating effectiveness under an internal controls framework, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) assessments, and internal audit experience in leading companies or in a consulting environment
- Advanced risk, controls, accounting and / or information technology operations knowledge, as well as command of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx), Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) and/or Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) control framework
- Understanding of the government's proposals in relation to UK corporate governance reform and the potential impact for Clients
- Previous experience leading teams and managing projects, and accustomed to taking an active role in executing engagements
- Commercial acumen with a track record of managing budgets and allocating resources in a project environment
- Consulting experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word, and Excel skills
- Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this
- Evidence of being an active listener, strong team player and willingness to develop new skills and capabilities
- Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
- Seeks to understand others motivations
- Makes brave decisions and supports others in doing so