KPMG's Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (GRCS) practice within IGH is an area of the firm with tremendous growth potential. GRCS is an integral part of our rapidly growing National Markets Consulting practice. We provide services relating to internal audit, internal control, corporate governance, risk management and related assurance projects. Clients are based in the public sector and our services deliver added value to clients using modern control assessment, risk management and audit techniques focusing on strategic, management and operational issues as well as financial management and reporting controls. We also work closely with other consulting teams including our colleagues in Technology Risk and Cyber Risk to ensure our clients receive the best possible advice and assurance.
- Creating annual internal audit plans for clients
- Providing internal audit services on both outsourced and co-sourced contractual basis
- Managing and directly delivering individual and /or a programme of internal audit projects which includes planning, review, quality assurance and reporting
- Risk management, governance and internal audit advisory services
- Risk identification workshops and control reviews
- Delivering control and risk training
- Managing and reviewing internal control questionnaires
- Compliance internal audits
- Assessing effectiveness of internal audit functions, audit committees and boards
- Working with members of other KPMG advisory teams
- Retaining management responsibility for a portfolio of clients, maintaining relationships with senior KPMG and client staff and is responsible for the financial performance and delivery of these accounts
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of how current and emerging legal, regulatory, governance, risk management, auditing, accounting and financial reporting standards affect their clients
- Undertaking KPMG's internal risk management and client engagement management procedures including client acceptance, continuance and engagement procedures
- Keeping up to date with all industry specific issues and circumstances which affect their clients
- Developing audit strategies which address all audit, client service and project management issues, in accordance with the KPMG internal audit methodology
- Recognising where specialists are required and involving other KPMG staff, managing their input to the client
- Reviewing the audit evidence obtained ensuring it is sufficient in line with IIA Standards and KPMG methodology
- Conducting meetings with clients to explain internal audit findings and drafting and reviewing reports
- Reporting to Partners / Directors all salient points arising from assignments
- Producing quarterly Audit Committee papers
- Setting budgets for engagement and monitoring delivery against the budget
- Ensuring work in progress is monitored and controlled with fees being raised promptly
- Identifying and exploiting additional fee billing possibilities
- Planning and allocating staff resources to fulfil business requirements
- Setting objectives with the team, and providing support and feeding back on performance
- Providing coaching and training to KPMG staff on risk management and internal audit methodology
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for KPMG to work with clients and targets
- Writing tender documents and presenting at proposals Assisting partners in general business development
- Counselling/appraisals of junior staff
- Forecasting and reporting on client engagements
Skills, qualifications, and experience
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in assurance, controls and / or corporate compliance-related roles, including consulting, auditing, risk management. Experience should include performing internal or external audits from the beginning of an engagement or project through completion
- Relevant experience in project management and the full life-cycle of a project, including risk management, commercial management, resourcing, and quality control
- Ability to identify observations and recommendations for business operations and control issues in correlation with key risk disciplines (including financial reporting, regulatory, and operational)
- Previous experience leading teams and managing projects
- Internal audit experience is essential.
- Experience of working with Public Sector clients is essential.
- Consulting experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of being the main client contact for engagements and dealing with day to day interactions at FC / FD level.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word, and Excel skills
- Qualified (IIA, CCAB, ICAEW, CIPFA or equivalent).
- Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this
- Seeks to understand others motivations
- Makes brave decisions and supports others in doing so
Lorien Internal is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted