This is an exciting opportunity for a junior Data Engineer to join our growing Data & Analytic team with a focus on developing data warehouses and data visualisation solutions. You will work in fast-paced, cross-functional project teams utilising the latest technologies to deliver cutting-edge and transformational analytic solutions for our clients across a range of industries.
The D&A team is at an exciting stage in its growth, with significant investment in developing pioneering analytical products in the data, analytic, and visualisation space.
The Data Engineer role will support our growth ambitions by playing an active part in these projects. It will suit a technically minded individual with a knack for managing complex data and a talent for developing insightful and impactful data visualisations. The right candidate will be enthusiastic about work in a fast-moving environment with exposure to lots of different client challenges and will be ready to make an impact on our projects from day one.
You will work across both our BI and advanced analytics pillars, performing roles such as
- Developing data visualisations and dashboards to display analyses to end users
- Designing and implementing KPI's allowing clients to make accurate and informed decisions
- Building ETL processes to process and load data ready for presentation in dashboards and visualisations
- Developing bespoke solution features, following development best-practices and architecture guidelines
- Using data analytics tools and techniques to identify patterns, extract outliers, and perform analyses to address client problems
- Testing and validating solutions
- Undertaking technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and design & build of solutions
- Keeping abreast of developments across the data and analytics landscape, with the desire to translate the latest techniques and technologies into our project outputs
- Participating actively in and contributing to workshops and sessions with clients, across a range of sectors, e.g. retail, technology, and manufacturing
- Selecting of the right type of visual and dashboard design to convey a story with data and allow a client to extract insight from their data
- Identifying appropriate design patterns, palettes and layouts for dashboards and data visualisations
- Manipulating and cleansing large data tables to ensure that data meets standards and objectives
- Proven experience of developing high quality SQL code (1 - 3 years)
- Experience in Microsoft Power BI, or another data visualisation tool
- Good knowledge of database and data warehouse design paradigms including 3NF and Kimball modelling
- Knowledge of data warehouse architecture and ETL/ELT design
- Experience of the development lifecycle for business intelligence
- Data manipulation skills using a variety of technologies
- Experience with Azure cloud environment and components such as Azure Data Factory
- Experience of database performance tuning
- Knowledge of source control preferably using Git
- A degree or professional certification in Data Analytics or Computer Science
Lorien Internal is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search