Lorien Global are working with a large financial services organisation based in Wythall, Birmingham with a view to recruit an experienced Finance and Reconciliations Manager on a permanent basis.
Please note that the role involves being in the Wythall office up to three times per week and bi-weekly visits to the office in Edinburgh
You will be a qualified accountant with extensive team management experience. You will be leading a team of twelve across two offices within the reconciliations function of operation finance. You will be a "go-getter" with the drive and tenacity to seek the relevant information to complete the work needed. You will have senior stakeholder management experience and have an excellent eye for detail. You will be a reconciliations expert with excellent experience of reconciling the balance sheet.
This role could suit a qualified accountant from a practice or audit background or an accountant who has managed a large team within a financial services environment.
- Lead a team of Accountants and Analysts
- Lead, develop, coach and mentor others to maximise their contribution and ensure they are fairly rewarded.
- To manage the processes to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manage to ensure all data is prepared and reported in accordance with relevant reporting standards and business reporting requirements.
- Maintaining up to date professional knowledge in an environment of fast moving regulatory change.
- Maintaining and applying knowledge of multiple reporting basis and overseeing team development.
- Manage the process in influencing decisions across the organisation teams where priorities and interests are often conflicting.
- Communicating complex accounting procedures and principles with multiple stakeholders across the business both in the UK and potentially globally and influencing outcomes.
- Managing a range of senior stakeholders across the business.
- Works within defined Finance standards and procedures.
- A qualified accountant from a relevant accounting body (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Extensive team management experience
- Impeccable reporting and reconciliations experience
- Audit, practice or financial services background is preferred.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary plus annual performance-based bonus
- 30 days holiday per year
- Excellent pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- An array of flexible benefits
Lorien Internal is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted