Are you a salesforce developer looking for a new permanent role? Would you like to be able to spend 10% of your working week...
I am currently recruiting for a Software Developer to work for a large insurance company based in Basingstoke on a permanent basis.
As the Software Developer, you will be responsible for delivering quality software solutions for the business through extensive liaison with users. You will need to design, develop, test, release and own the ongoing development and support of software applications.
- Developing high quality, well crafted, software that meets the needs of the intended user.
- Defining and documenting user requirements through user liaison and a sound understanding of the business requirement.
- Defining and documenting systems designs.
- Ensuring user satisfaction of systems design including prototyping
- Project managing the implementation of all new applications including:
- Unit testing
- System testing
- Data migration
- User training and support
- Ongoing management of application functionality and system up time
- Ongoing development of each software solution through liaison with the user
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Familiarity with all stages of the SDLC
- A deep interest in software development technologies and methodologies and their application.
- Ability to analyse requirements and design solutions
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft .NET (to v4.5) with C#
- MVC (To v6)
- Knowledge of ASP.NET.
- Knowledge of WCF SOAP services.
- Knowledge of RESTful services with WebAPI.
- Strong experience of Web front end technologies including jQuery, CSS, Responsive layout frameworks, AngularJS and any other front end tools.
- Strong knowledge SQL Server 2012 and/or 2008 and TSQL
- Knowledge of VB6 and/or VB.NET would be an advantage.
- Aptitude for understanding and navigating existing code
- Experience of a working agile development process using any methodology would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and / or experience of developing for .NET in cloud environments such as Azure would be an advantage.
- An interest in software architecture, design patterns and upcoming new frameworks and tools would be an advantage.
Please apply within if this sounds of interest to yourself!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age