Technical Data Business AnalystOur Banking client is currently recruiting for a skilled Technical Data Business Analyst to come onboard with their Edinburgh based team for...
Big Data Engineer - Edinburgh - 6 Month Contract
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Big Data Engineer to join their Edinburgh based team on a 6 month initial contract.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/knowledge:
- Java/Scala language skill and use of IDEs such as Eclipse / IntelliJ IDEA, build tools such as Team City / Maven / SBT and binary repos such as Artefactory / Maven Central used to build solutions
- Well versed in usage of Spark in batch and realtime mode
- Strong General knowledge over the Big Data stack (Spark, Hive, Impala, Oozie, MR, Yarn etc.) and private/public equivalents
- Delivery of all code/components into production and warranty/support handover
- Strong Linux skills
- Knowledge of Puppet scripts for automated build/deployment
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age