DevOps Engineer Fixed Term Contract LondonMy client a leading public sector organization are currently looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer to join their team based...
DevOps Engineer - Fixed Term Contract - LondonMy client a leading public sector organisation are currently looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer to join their team based in Central London on a long term Fixed Term Contract basis. The DevOps Engineer will be developing and then supporting systems in production. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Lead development and rollout of a continuous integration and deployment pipeline across the Digital's estate of apps and services.
- Will use containerisation techniques where appropriate, and working collaboratively with other departments
- Support developers, system administrators and technical architects to use DevOps approaches to design, architect, automate and implement highly-available and fault-tolerant environments (staging, quality assurance, user acceptance and production), with multi-cloud capability primarily starting on AWS or OpenStack
- Work with technical colleagues to define and implement DevOps methodology. Support the team to extend our continuous integration pipeline across our estate of apps and services
- Write infrastructure as code using AWS Elastic Beanstalk or similar. Use cross-platform APIs and automation/deployment technologies such as Ansible /Docker or similar to orchestrate cloud platform deployments.
- Support and fix bugs in existing application deployment pipelines, using standard debugging tools to track down and identify root causes. Work independently to find solutions / identify problems and to work with the Lead and Developers to solve more challenging issues
- Review existing applications, advising and supporting colleagues on configuring and converting them for deployment to the cloud or migrate from other cloud providers to AWS. Support setting up continuous integration/deployment, developing automation scripts and advising developers on adapting them to run in the cloud
This is a Fixed Term Contract role for a DevOps Engineer working for a leading public sector organisation based in Central London. To apply for the DevOps Engineer role please send a CV or call to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age