Research Engineer (Optics/Photonics) - 1yr FTC - Edinburgh
Research Engineer (Optics/Photonics) - 12 mth FTC - Edinburgh Hybrid - 40K
Our client, an established and growing Scottish success story who have improved the lives of millions of people across the globe already and still have sights on further additions to their well-needed, exciting product line, are on the lookout for a Research Engineer with a background in Optics/Imaging/Photonics and Digital Systems to join their R&D function on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract basis, and put their talents to good use across:
- Using your research skills to help the wider function produce designs/prototypes, as well as craft reports/documentation, for existing and new additions to the product portfolio
- Analyse and report results to help marketing staff promote and sell new concepts/products to existing customers
- Interact with external partners including both academic and customer touch points to ensure successful knowledge and prototype sharing, and that the prototypes/ offerings are meeting needs and real-world challenges in the field
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support product marketing initiatives, while keeping up to date with the latest relevant trends/standards/regulations/etc. out there in the market
What they're looking for:
- Equivalent track record of working in the following fields, or a PhD in: Engineering / Comp. Science / Informatics / Maths / Physics
- Previous work with Optics/Imaging/Photonics and Digital/Electronic Systems
- Demonstrable background in Research/similar R&D roles, and ability to translate research results for technical and non-technical personnel
- Not a necessity, but any understanding across Software Systems/Programming, Algorithms or Mechanical/CAD Engineering would be a bonus, but as we have placed people into each of these teams ourselves, these are not essential to bring to the table
In return, our client offers their employees ample opportunities to flourish technically, give back to the community in a very direct and rewarding way, and enjoy a range of different benefits with people at the centre, such as flexible and hybrid working arrangements and much more.
If this sounds like the exciting opportunity you've been waiting for, apply now with your latest CV for immediate consideration.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.