3rd Line Support Engineer (Glasgow) £350/day (Inside IR35)
3rd Line Support Engineer Contract - Glasgow (Hybrid) - To £350 per day - Inside IR35
Lorien's client, a leading provider of managed hosting, cloud, and transformation services, is seeking a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their Support team on a 3-month contract, with view to extend to 6 months. If you have a strong technical support background, as well as a passion for all things third line, then this is the opportunity for you.
In return, you'll be working for an evolving and expanding organisation, hybrid model between home and their brand-new Glasgow city centre office, access to the latest tech, and much more, so look at the finer details below:
About the role:
This organisation works hard to empower their customers in the digital age, and as a 3rd Line Support professional, you'll care of everything from server configuration, network support to managing backups and monitoring networks and servers, as well as managing tasks in their datacentre.
Working with a range of various technologies and software, the 3rd Line Engineers are responsible for solving a broad area of technical issues, making sure a first-class service is always provided.
- Strong background working with Windows and VMWare
- Well versed in technical customer support or helpdesk systems
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, IIS, Active Directory
- History working with RedHat/CentOS/Debian/CloudLinux, Citrix, Hyper-V, KVM
- Strong understanding of networking basics, OSI networking model
- Having previously worked with switch configurations RHCT and an MCSE/MCSA Server 2008/2012/2016 qualifications is desirable, but not essential
- History working within a datacentre is desirable but not essential
Apply now with your latest CV for immediate consideration.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.