As a Technical Design Specialist you will be a key member of the Audit Technology Architecture team, delivering project based technical design artefacts. You will work with business stakeholders and colleagues to develop solutions and services that enable our Audit practice to deliver industry leading service to our clients.
The successful candidate will come from an engineering / architecture background and possess enterprise level experience that provide the foundation upon which your solution/technical architecture skills can grow. You will be working towards or have achieved a recognized Architecture qualification such as.
Togaf 9.x, BCS Enterprise & Solution Architecture, ISC2 CISSP-ISSAP
You will play a fundamental role in our ability to deliver to our customers and internal stakeholders. Our customers expectations are very high, as such we are looking for adaptive, innovative and highly motivated people to deliver on time and to the required level of quality. This is a challenging role requiring a pragmatic, creative problem-solving attitude, along with initiative, and a flexible/ resilient approach.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with a wide range of different roles and disciplines, e.g. technical managers, leads, architecture review board, test manager, programme and project managers etc to achieve the desired business outcomes
- Accountability for design materials required for the successful delivery of new solutions and working with relevant team members to ensure they are transitioned into build activities appropriately;
- Cost effective and commercially aware budgetary control and management for the recommendations made / designs provided;
The Technical Design Specialist will take responsibility for the delivery of assigned projects as part of the Audit technology portfolio of work. They will work with technical SMEs to guide the production of appropriate engineering level documentation and to support delivery and are accountable for ensuring the Solution will be in line with business expectations and fit within the overall technology roadmap.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the implementation and deployment of Azure solutions, working closely with development / project teams. Ensure that the architecture is implemented correctly, and provide technical oversight throughout the process.Supporting other team members in their dialogue with the business to Input into the creation of business cases and budgetary forecasts to project estimates as required,
Identification of improvements in terms of operational efficiency of the various IT systems as solution opportunities arise;Provide expert technical advice and guidance to project teams, ensuring the successful implementation of Audit solutions. Advise on cloud infrastructure design, data management, security, and integration considerations based on requirements.
- A passion for Architecture, with atleast 6 months experience operating in a design capacity.
- Ability to identify opportunities for technical efficiency and implement within agreed solutions
- Create comprehensive technical documentation, including system designs, architectural diagrams, and deployment guides. Prepare reports and deliver presentations to stakeholders, communicating complex technical concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan time effectively
- Actively plans ahead and organises schedule to ensure deadlines to objectives or tasks are met.
- Ability to translate business requirements into articulate and well rounded designs that are innovative while meeting business requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- High energy, flourishes in fast pace, dynamic environments
- Customer focused at all time
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Appetite to lead and collaborate within a team in a unpredictable, high decision volume, evolving environment
- Demonstrable experience of deploying services within Azure
- Significant experience working with MS technologies (Windows server, SQL, AD, DNS, File Services, Clustering, ...)
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts, infrastructure-as-code, PowerShell and DevOps principles
- Demonstrable awareness of systems thinking (considering all aspects of a solution when deploying, such as security and cost considerations with a view to continual improvement)
- Architectural / Engineering knowledge of as many of the below as possible.
- M365 Technologies such as Power BI, Power Platform, SharePoint Online
- Azure Technologies such as Azure AD, Azure App Gateway, Azure SQL, Azure VMs etc
- Networking technologies in both on-prem and cloud contexts
- Identity Management
- Overall Microsoft toolsets/technologies
Qualifications and Previous Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in engineering roles, with solution design experience and a willingness to develop this further
- Experience of solutions implementation, ideally previous experience as an engineer
- Ability to develop and leverage strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure dealing with a high volume of change
- Managing partner/suppliers/clients
- Decision maker, able to act on own initiative but also able ask for guidance when appropriate
- Experienced in planning, facilitating, and managing change - strong facilitation skills are key for this role.
- Experienced in a wide base of technologies
- The following certifications are highly desirable for this role.
- AZ-104 / AZ-400
Lorien Internal is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted