Lorien Global are working with a large Financial Services organisation based in Shropshire to recruit TWO management accounts assistants on 12 month FTC.
This role will suit an AAT studier who has work experience with bank recs, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and journal preparation who is looking to learn.OR. An AAT qualified accounts clerk who has experience of assisting to produce monthly management accounts, flash reporting and is looking to expand their experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Assistant Management Accountant with the production of accurate and timely management accounts.
- Journal preparation and posting to the general ledger including reconciliation of P&L and BS accounts
- Communicate finance policies and procedures to non-financial stakeholders.
- Ensure departmental operating procedures and controls are documented and adhered to, in particular in compliance with the business's governance standards and risk and compliance policies
- Balance Sheet reconciliation (accruals, prepayments, income, provisions etc)
- investigate and highlight key discrepancies, providing rectification and implementation plans
- Review and improve existing processes and procedures to ensure best practice
- Ensuring appropriate accounting policies have been adhered to satisfy internal and external audit.
- Trend and variance analysis by cost type
- Analytical financial management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent stakeholder Management
- Communicates effectively at all levels
- Understands the commercial environment
- Challenges where appropriate
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search