Lorien Global are working in partnership with a financial services organisation based in Hitchin with a view to recruit 2 x Actuarial Technicians on a 12 month fixed-term contract to join their busy actuary team.
This role will suit an ambitious graduate (degrees in either Actuarial Science, Mathematics or something similar) who is keen to kick start their career within the Actuarial industry.
In this role as Actuarial Technician, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Producing and reviewing unit linked and conventional non-profit liability results across SII and IFRS metrics
- Manually calculating reserves where these are done outside of the model.
- Produce analyses of results for different metrics and reconciliations between the different reporting bases.
- Driving continuous improvement in processes to encourage efficiencies and to help accelerate the working day timetable.
- Additional project work as and when necessary.
Key skills/experience required:
- Ability to communicate complex ideas collaboratively
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills to enable collaborative working and effective communication with other teams
- Self-management skills to organise own work and deliver in a timely manner
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Solid mathematical aptitude
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search