Lorien Global are working in partnership with a financial services organisation based in Norwich with a view to recruit an Operational Support Analyst within the Actuarial function on a 12 month fixed-term contract to join their busy finance/actuarial team.
This role will suit an ambitious graduate (degrees in either Actuarial Science, Mathematics or IT) who is keen to kick start their career within the Actuarial or Financial Services industry.
In this role as Operational Support Analyst, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for providing first line support for BAU queries regarding the Actuarial Systems, valuation model and Unify environments, ensuring that any queries are answered in a timely fashion and to a high standard
- Working on issue resolution as instructed by the Operational Support Lead, liaising with relevant partners to ensure issues are correctly followed through, Root Cause Analysis recorded and permanent fixes put in place.
- Updating the existing systems and applications documentation and producing new documents when needed.
- Supporting the regular cycle of modelling and system improvements, in particular with regards to regression testing.
- Monitoring storage usage and providing weekly reports.
- Monitoring access to actuarial systems for audit purposes and raising access requests for new starters, movers, etc.
- Keen to learn and develop
- IT literate with some Excel skills
- Looking to get your "foot in the door" within a large, reputable organisation
- General understanding of IT developments
- Ability to proactively identify and prevent possible issues affecting systems and applications
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the rest of the team, with other stakeholders at company level.
- Ability to take part in cross-functional teamwork where necessary.
- Ambitious with an analystical approach
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search