Our client is on an exciting journey and we need to add to their dynamic team of people so that they can continue to dominate the industry, delivering a seamless gaming experience that is a cut above the rest.
Being part of a global community means that they have the investment to innovate, drive advanced, creative technologies forward and to build unrivalled gaming experiences, but they also keep their freedom and independence.
As a team they work fast and aim high. Always cutting through the complexities and deliver flexible, scalable technology to create the ultimate customer experience.
They are a true technology business with software engineers and developers - right up to CEO
So, if you want to be part of something unique and drive the future of gaming, then it's to time to join
What is the role?
Working in the .NET middleware team and reporting to the Development Manager, you will be implementing sections of functionality or making updates to existing features. You'll make sure they are delivered on time with the correct approach, and to the standards defined.
The tech stack includes some of the latest design patterns and tools as well as established tech that needs additional features building on. For example, SQL, NoSQL, caching services, messaging services, C# Windows Services, WebAPI, WCF, WPF, Winforms, Microsoft Orleans - all used to build a groundbreaking platform that has integration to internal and external services.
What skills and experience will you have?
- .NET with C# development experience working on commercial systems
- Awareness of design patterns and principles
- C# OOP programming
- Keen attention to detail is a must for thorough testing of your work
- Demonstrable experience of building Web Services, WebAPI and WCF Database experience, schema design and SQL with MySQL
- Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Performance optimisation
- Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD
- Source Control, must be confident using Git for all roles
- NoSQL experience also beneficial, as is any knowledge of MS Orleans.
- Any history working with WinForms/WPF is extremely useful
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture is an advantage
Our client offers a strong remuneration and benefits package, and the role will be working from home 3 days per week with 2 days in the central Manchester office.
CANDIDATES MUST ALREADY HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK TO BE CONSIDERED
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted