Senior Cloud Engineer - AWS - WFH - inside IR35
This position is to help automate and improve the build, run and change cycle to the AWS based environment as well as integrate key control mechanisms and complex audit and security requirements.
You will be required to pass a number of checks for this position so you must have a clean credit history and a valid Disclosure Scotland or DBS to be considered.
This role requires a unique blend of technical skills and experience. To be successful you will bring:
- Enthusiasm and initiative in embedding a DevOps mind-set into ways of working, implementing automation and tightening feedback loops
- Strong systems administration background predominantly Linux based with some Windows.
- Experience in building, supporting and managing Platform level infrastructure and services
- Automation and Infrastructure as Code is at your core - these principals are key to the development of the products and services that we deliver to our customers
- Proven hands-on experience of AWS. Certification is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Strong understanding of production scale multi-tiered systems architecture and service management principles
- Knowledge of Git version control and management of multiple code streams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage technical and business stakeholders at all levels, as well as strong technical documentation skills
- Proven track record of high-quality build pipelines using one or many of the flowing technologies - CloudFormation, Terraform, Jenkins, Python
- Good understanding of the following concepts in the public cloud - Security, Networking, Scalability and Availability, Automated Recovery
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search