Principal Engineer - Remote
Our Banking client are offering an exciting opportunity for a Principle Engineer to join their team on a permanent, full time basis.
- This role will be focused on practise leading all web and backend (java) software engineers to ensure that all development, maintenance, operation and support is completed to the highest level of engineering excellence for all online customer facing services.
- You will co-ordinate all activity within your practise, devise and implement complex web-based solutions and technical architectures,
- You will define, promote and collaborate on web centred engineering standards and patterns for your practise.
- You will act as a domain level subject matter expert on web and java architecture with all product teams.
- Our engineering culture is part of what makes us a great place to work, and we encourage all our engineers to share new ideas, challenge existing practices and always be looking for opportunities to improve their teams and our wider engineering community.
- As principal engineer, the practise team will look to you to set the direction, strategy, build the practise and drive through service improvement plans, features and change you'd like to see on the technical architecture.
- You will work closely with all engineers on the practise from leads from seniors to juniors, mentoring and building their careers,
- You will work closely with the head of engineering on our longer-term, strategic business and technology goals for the organisation.
What you'll bring
- We work with the following tech stack, we don't expect you to tick every box, and if you feel you hit most of the brief, it's worth exploring to further develop your career.
- We design and build our web experiences using Node/React and some back-end Java. You should be able to demonstrate that you have in depth knowledge of one or more of the above (or equivalent frameworks) at enterprise level.
- We instrument our products/services using Splunk, APM, DataDog, Log4J & Adobe Analytics. You should be able to demonstrate that you have working knowledge of one or more of the above (or equivalent frameworks) at enterprise level.
- We automate using a mix of Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Python, and Bash, using Jenkins, Nexus, BlackDuck & Coverity in our pipelines. We'd like our principal engineer to have a working understanding of CI/CD deployment technologies.
- We're on a journey to containerisation using Docker and Kubernetes - some experience of the platform would be preferred.
- A grasp of the big picture - we're working to standardise our toolchain, digital design framework and to set broader and wider goals for our technology direction and are looking for a principal who can do that.
- A passion for sharing your experience and using that to influence your decisions. We know the journey of every engineer is different, so we encourage our engineering principal to play to their strengths and shape the team accordingly.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an established Bank offering an excellent salary, benefits and career opportunities. Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search