Our retail client are looking for a Network Manager to join them for a long term contract based in Bracknell. Please note this role will be paid via an umbrella company.
What you'll be doing as Network Manager:You will lead and drive for the outcomes the business requires and be accountable for outcomes relating to your services. You will be expected to work effectively with the third party service providers, ensuring service availability, performance and improvement. You will lead your service to ensure delivery within technical strategy and manage your service risk.
- Developing working relationships with key business stakeholders, to build your understanding of the commercial, technical and operational landscape and business strategy to deliver targeted outcomes
- You will have knowledge of the end to end Network service(s) as well as an understanding of its consumption by the business, and will develop a forecast of demand for the service and (by extension) the vendor's services. You will be expected to support the Infrastructure Manager, inputting into decisions in relation to the vendor and provision of service
- Work with Architecture to understand strategic goals and ensure the work performed is aligned with the business and technical strategy.
- Producing business cases to deliver change and innovation
- Owning business processes, frameworks and tools within your area
What else you could bring (desirable skills):
- Preference for a degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification
- Experience in the retail sector, both physical and on-line
- LAN, WAN services and technologies, including large scale enterprise data center networks and large scale distributed networks
- SAN technologies and implementations
- Wireless network technologies and implementations
- Network security, remote access and load balancing
- Microsegmentation technologies (such as VMWare NSX-T)
To apply for this position please submit your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search