Data Warehouse Analyst - Contract - 6 Months
Working with a Global Insurance Company that specialise in commercial insurance and reinsurance products. This role will join their Global Risk Solutions IT space that collectively delivers innovative solutions and capabilities that leverage our
technical expertise and business understanding and partnerships to enable market-leading performance world-wide.
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
- Assist the MI Manager and warehouse architect with activities pertaining to the LSM Data warehouse, finance
- mart and cube
- Assist where necessary with development and testing activities to ensure released code is of required quality
- and development deadlines are met
- Maintain close, good working relationships with customers of the department, finance and IT colleagues
- including the warehouse development team
- Adhere at all times to company procedures and standards.
- Field end user queries related to the warehouse and related systems including assisting with retrieval and
- understanding of warehouse and mart data as well as guidance on use of an analysis services tabular cube
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft BI Stack:
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL Server T-SQL
- Strong experience of ETL development, including use of SSIS to move data between systems and automate load processes
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Analysis Services Tabular cubes and the DAX language
- Experience using Visual Studio/SSDT for BI related development activity
- Use of TFS as a code repository, deployment of code under change management and use of
- deployment Azure Dev Ops pipelines
- Good understanding of reporting database systems their design, particularly Kimball modelling methodologies
- Good understanding of data warehouse systems, their function and the business requirements they are intended
- to service
- General knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, including architectural and security concepts,
- systems development lifecycle, information management and portfolio management (production systems,
- release planning, change management).
This is a contract role working for a top company in their industry as Data Warehouse Analyst. Please apply to find out further information about this position.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search