Engineers work in interdisciplinary squads each arranged around clear product goals with responsibility for delivery of their own product roadmaps. You'll spend your time working in one of our new squads building new greenfield applications (Next.js + GraphQL front end with Node.js microservices backend).
This is a permanent role is based in Lego's London Hub near Chancery Lane station. Everyone is still working from home and when the Hub re-opens fully, there will be a hybrid model allowing a split of working from the Hub where appropriate but also working from home for a number of days per week.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, UX designers and other Application Engineers to deliver both new functionality and iterative improvements to LEGO.com backend services.
What we're looking for:
- Expert knowledge of CSS with a strong focus on accessibility and cross-browser compatibility - experience with CSS-in-JS is strongly preferred
- Experience with GraphQL server and client functionality
- Experience working with microservices is preferred - our event-based services layer utilises Node.js and the Serverless Framework and is built mainly on the AWS Serverless stack - Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, Kinesis and DynamoDB
- Experience of working with optimizing front end performance for mobile devices
- Experience of working with modern CI/CD and engineering tooling is a bonus - we leverage Amazon Web Services, CircleCI, GitHub Actions and Terraform extensively
- Must be attentive to detail, flexible and able to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex problems
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for one of the best loved brands in the world.
Please send your CV for a detailed job description
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search