Engineering Manager (IT) - Security Cleared
Lorien Global have partnered up with a Global IT service provider.
We are actively recruiting a security cleared Engineering manager to work on a 9-month contract.This role will be working on site based in Basingstoke.
- We are searching for a -On-site Technical manager of 3 key 3rd and 4th Line Support teams of circa 20 people in secure area (the team is a mixture of architects, integrators, and technical support staff).
- Reporting into the SDM and liaising with the Solution Owner, Security Assurance Manager, Project Managers, and other team leads, as required, in the provision of resources for 3rd/4th line support and change activities.
- The Engineering manager will ensure all technical support activities (patching, fixes and changes) are carried out in accordance with local engineering process and procedures and delivered in an efficient and timely manner.
- You will manage and set priorities of all project work, deliverables into service and defects.
- Other duties include managing the spread of knowledge within the team and organising the team's availability, to ensure a sufficient and consistent level of technical support is available when needed.
- While Line Management is not a responsibility of this role, it is expected that the Technical Manager will work with respective Line Managers to help address issues within the team and to identify opportunities for developing individuals further within their roles.
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience:
- Highly motivated and conscientious
- Strong team leadership and people management skills.
- Sound appreciation of the technologies involved (particularly windows server and virtualised environments, also it would be useful if they had some WAN awareness), and an ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to prioritise, co-ordinate and delegate tasks in an effective manner.
- An understanding of the high level of engineering discipline and rigour required when delivering/supporting IT solutions
A valid security clearance is required for this role, or you must be eligible to attain one.
If you feel this role matches your skillset and you would like to know more then please apply now!
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search