Cloud Engineer- Location: Remote with occasional travel to Leeds
Duration: 6 months - Outside IR35
The team you will join works in tandem with AWS to define and build the next generation cloud platform that focuses on re-usability, reliability, and automation by leveraging best in class cloud native capabilities to allow for the rapid and repeatable deployment of the next generation of systems and services.
Technologies include Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Python, Ansible, and AWS native services.
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong background in coding and development, including management and testing of code deployments
- Experience in version control software and standard development life-cycle processes
- Experience with containerisation, preferably Kubernetes, running production workloads
- Experience architecting end to end cloud services
- Hands on programming skills with Infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform.
- A good working knowledge of configuration management, provisioning and orchestration tools
- Strong understanding of use and value of centralised Monitoring / Logging systems like Splunk and New Relic
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals, firewalls, load balancers, and across AWS account communication.
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
Working in an agile team, you will deliver high-quality, customer-focused, technical solutions to exceed the customer's expectations. You will be active in all phases of the development life-cycle, including:
- Driving our expansion into Amazon Web Services through effective DevOps principles, clean Terraform code, Docker/Kubernetes orchestration and automation
- All aspects of workload migration into AWS along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Working within an agile engineering team and AWS Professional Services to produce best practice, cloud native solutions to meet business requirements
- Engaging and directing any 'Proof of Concept' or prototyping of solutions to continually move us forward
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search