Our leading banking client are currently recruiting for a Solutions Architect to join them on a Permanent basis in both Edinburgh & Manchester team! This is an excellent opportunity to join the expanding team and take advantage of the rewards and career development paths they have to offer.
In this role you will be responsible for :
- Influence the definition and communication of shared technical and architectural vision/view of end to end designs using solution building blocks that may span multiple platforms and domains
- Lead the collaboration across platform and domain teams on the Solution delivery. Partnering with those teams to elaborate the Solution and its interfaces, validating technology assumptions, evaluating implementation alternatives, and creating the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Lead the analysis of options and delivery of end to end solution designs using the relevant building blocks (define the architecture runway) making sure the implementation delivers both the immediate business outcomes and moves us towards the longer term enterprise architecture outcomes
- Produce designs for features, in line with the architecture
- Ensure delivery of the enterprise architecture and the Domain Technology Roadmap by designing systems to be modular, loosely coupled, independently testable and in the future the ability to be self healing, self recoverable and self scaling.
- Owns the technical design issues and drives resolution through the iteration of the technical solution design, removing any blockers
- Lead the activities to shape requirements, validate designs and prototypes to deliver change the aligns with the target architecture
- Promote adaptive design practices to drive collaboration of feature teams around a common technical vision using continuous feedback
- Make recommendations of potential impact to existing and prospective customers of the latest technology and customer trends by using the latest industry thinking and best practice
- Follow Architecture Centre of Excellence standards and contribute to the CoE by sharing and applying learnings, emerging standards, best practice and participate in Communities of Practice.
Knowledge and Experience required :
- Expert knowledge of application architecture, and in business, data or infrastructure architecture with working knowledge in the remaining disciplines
- Industry Architecture Frameworks: TOGAF, ArchiMate and RBS Architecture Methods
- Understanding of Agile and contemporary methodologies with experience of working in Agile teams
- Experience of defining application architectures and roadmaps for complex solutions working for all layers of the technical architecture (eg channels, process, product engines, data)
- Experience of delivering solutions that securely span a complex infrastructure domain including real-time integration into cloud and/or SaaS solutions
- Experience of systems development change lifecycles, best practices and approaches
- Knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- A very capable communicator with the ability communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and leadership level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
Should you be interested please apply directly to this advert. Please be advised only UK applicants will be considered and only successful candidates will be considered.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search