Senior DevOps Engineer
Our client are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join them on a initial 6 - 12 month contract basis.
This role can be completely remote with occasional visits to one of the clients offices.
As a DevOps & Tooling Engineer, you will be working with cross Projects teams on multiple tools, and with our Global Ecommerce Team. This will be Individual Contributor role working for Global DevOps & Enterprise tools team distributed across different geographies. The Tooling Engineer is responsible for the support, enhancement & implementation of DevOps tools across different teams. You are expected to be hands on and up to date with the latest technology stack. If this type of position motivates you, tell us why you are the right person for this challenging role!
- Supporting and Administering Confluence and Jira. Responsibilities include infrastructure management and deployment AWS. Team is in process of moving to Infrastructure as code automation.
- Reviews application requirements and project documentation and asks follow-up questions as needed in order to gain a full understanding of requirements.
- Establish and evolve formal DevOps processes, ensuring that the team is using PB accepted best practices.
- Developing new tools and processes to ensure DevOps goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact/ SME Jira, Confluence and other tool related standard processes and practices. Interact on requirements and new implementations with our Global Ecommerce Team which uses JIRA to support our Shipping hubs and Salesforce integration.
- Lead and mentor product teams and help them to adopt the Tools best practices.
- Experience with Source Code Management, Orchestration, deployment, repository management tools.
- Expert in Jira & Confluence, management and deployment
- Database SQL skills to support updates to facilitate upgrades and extracts of information to support application management..
- Good knowledge of AWS, Gitlab, SVN, Jenkins, Nexus, Jama, OpenShift Administration
- Experience in leading teams in tools adoption.
Qualifications & Skills required
- S. / MTech in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 6- 8 years of experience in different SDLC Tools
- Expert In
- Proficient In
- Gitlab, SVN, Jenkins, Nexus, Jama, OpenShift Administration
- Competent In
- Application development experience on one - Core Java, Node.js or .NET
- DevOps best practice
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse and distributed product teams in an agile environment
If you are interested please submit your CV
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search