REMOTE JAVA DEVELOPER CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY - £550 PER DAY OUTSIDE
An exciting opportunity to work for one of the UK's leading gaming companies as a Java Developer. In this role, you will be at the heart of technological revolution! They deal with projects from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites... just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that's the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year.
The role is:
- 100% remote
- £550 outside
- 3 month rolling contract
Your role in the team
- Develop high-volume, low-latency programs for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Be involved in the design process of programs, working closely with architects.
- Assist with change management, capacity planning and emergency response as an expert of the runtime environment and business logic behaviour.
- Give input and contribute to monitoring & alerting requirements and implementation.
- Prepare and perform releases of software components.
- Help develop & maintain your team CI/CD needs.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Translate non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences.
- 5+ years of Java development experience, strong interest in problem solving, strong analytical skills & independence
- Spring Boot experience
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (Hazelcast, Redis...)
- Experience in developing highly scalable REST microservices for Java platform.
- Strong understanding of core Java
- Good understanding of JVM, including analysing performance problems and finding optimization opportunities (ability to read GC logs, GC tuning, memory usage...)
- Distributed computing: Load balancing, Caching, CAP theorem
- Experience with managing high load performance applications: monitoring on all layers from CPU to application metrics
- Understanding of common design patterns.
If you are interested or have any questions, please get in touch!
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search