Desktop Support Engineer
I am currently looking for a 1st / 2nd Line Deskside Engineer to work for a leading IT Service Provider on a permanent basis based in Harwell.
The role will be to provide BAU support on both Hardware & Software queries. You will act both as a specialist in specific product areas for customer systems and provide support for hardware and software maintenance calls and implementation requests.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to make a step up to Deskside Support.
Due to the end client an SC Clearance is required for this position, if this is something you do not have you will still be considered and put through.
- To replace desktops, laptops, monitors, network equipment and phones when applicable, enabling a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the end user
- To occasionally take control of the build/re-imaging process for the client machines
- Perform Break fix on all desktop equipment
- To perform IMAC (Installation, Move, Addition & Change) activities
- To manage hardware repair through the customer defined warranty routes.
- Open tickets and work with service desk where required including any external support parties for hardware equipment failures or software related issues.
- To update call management systems with relevant notes to aid the customer, the end-user, other teams, and other members within our own team with resolutions, customer updates and escalations. Where no call management system exists, a spreadsheet or other means will be made available.
Key Skills & Experiences
- 2nd Line Support
- Hardware & Software Exp
- Windows 10
- SC Clearance is desirable
If you would like more information please feel to call me on 02076541092 or apply within.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted