An exciting opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect to join a large Public Sector organisation in Glasgow/Edinburgh. You will be involved with the following, but not limited to:
- Acting as the technical authority in information gathering and scene setting with stakeholders and managers.
- Undertaking rigorous analysis to develop an understanding of solution and technology options to recommend the most appropriate approach across different environments and operating models.
- Acting as consultant and 'critical friend' on best practice use of technology.
- Taking ownership of technical architecture deliverables across the project lifecycle and ensure that solutions fit into the organisation's technical landscape, meets established design patterns, standards, guardrails and architectural principles; highlight gaps and risks
- Experience in the identification and resolution of architecture concerns arising from the implementation of integrated, commodity based digital solutions and platforms into the business.
- Experience of participation in defining business strategies and aligning these with the supporting technology required to achieve them.
- Demonstrable track record of participation in all lifecycle phases of implementing large scale corporate or government ICT/Digital projects into a complex business landscape.
- Experience of both written and verbal communication of solution options, architectural models, detailed solution designs and discussion documents to audiences at all levels and of all technical backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience of enterprise architecture frameworks for managing design governance, strategic development and stakeholder communication.
- Awareness of public sector procurement frameworks and processes.
- Some experience of leadership and ability to influence others.
- Awareness of Agile project and delivery management.
- Awareness of risk management techniques.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search