An opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect to work for a large Public Sector organisation in Glasgow. You will be involved with, but not limited to:
- Work as a team member of agile delivery teams or more traditional project teams and engage to understand and identify their context and scope of technical needs, then design appropriate solution/technical architectures.
- Regularly collaborate and find agreement with peers and senior stakeholders, providing direction and challenge.
- Be proactive in identifying problems and translate these into non-technical descriptions that can be widely understood.
- Experience in the identification and resolution of architecture concerns arising from the implementation of integrated, commodity based digital solutions and platforms into the business.
- Experience of participation in defining business strategies and aligning these with the supporting technology required to achieve them.
- Demonstrable track record of participation in all lifecycle phases of implementing large scale corporate or government ICT/Digital projects into a complex business landscape.
- Experience of both written and verbal communication of solution options, architectural models, detailed solution designs and discussion documents to audiences at all levels and of all technical backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience of enterprise architecture frameworks for managing design governance, strategic development and stakeholder communication.
- Awareness of public sector procurement frameworks and processes.
- Some experience of leadership and ability to influence others.
- Awareness of Agile project and delivery management.
- Awareness of risk management techniques.
- Experience of working unsupervised in a dynamic environment with fluid priorities and high levels of uncertainty.
- Experience of negotiating a consensus and justifying design decisions that balance potentially conflicting requirements and interests.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search