Technical Author - Security Cleared
Lorien Global have partnered up with a Global IT service provider.
We are actively recruiting a security cleared Technical Author to work on a 6-month contract starting immediately.
This role will be working on site in Corsham, 5 days per week.
We are looking for a Technical Author (TA) to produce concise and accurate technical documentation from a variety of source information. The role will involve working with customer teams to obtain an understanding of the products and solutions developed for the programme to understand the documentation requirements and produce the required supporting technical documentation.
- The TA will be required to work on the customer site in Corsham, Wiltshire. The project is an IT system with common server/data centre equipment and the Technical Architect should be familiar with common IT equipment usage and configurations.
- The selected Technical Author must provide technical expertise in the co-ordination, design and implementation of technical documentation strategy which shall include Data Module Requirements List (DMRL) and a Publication Data Base (PDB) which shall be used to track, manage, store, and retrieve documents and reduce paper.
- The TA will work with the customer ILS team to produce a Technical Documentation Management Plan (TDMP) and shall manage and maintain Technical Documentation and work closely to support Engineering. Other duties include:
- produce TDMP, document the management and maintenance of all technical documents.
- manage and store TDs, some of which may be required to be held at a differing security Protective Markings, ensuring robust access and document control process shall apply, compliant with QMS processes and subject to auditing and compliance checks.
- Produce a Publications Database (PDB),
Key Experience required
- A technical/engineering background to produce artefacts in a coherent and comprehensible format, and is not only competent, but experienced in the use of software authoring programs, including but not limited to: MS Office, Adobe FrameMaker, Isodraw, CAPS2000 and Eagle Publishing System (EPS), CorelDraw.
- An ability to interpret and assimilate basic technical data.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent documentation skills with an in‑depth working knowledge of MS Office applications and other defined publications packages.
- A valid security clearance is required for this role, we will still consider candidates without one.
- If you feel this role matches your skillset and you would like to know more then please apply now!
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search