Our client are looking for a Test Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This role can be remote with occasional travel to their head office in Southampton.
About the role
Be part of a Data Capture and Engineering team as a Test Engineer and work to develop the next generation systems, that drive world-leading geospatial and business applications. You'll be highly motivated, technical and analytical, whilst working within an Agile team.
A varied role where you will be responsible for designing and driving out automated tests, executing manual test suites to ensure adequate and effective test coverage. Provide test assurance of the user stories according to the defined acceptance test criteria; whilst working in a test-first environment using cloud architecture.
Working closely with Software Engineers to deliver the test activities to meet the functional and non-functional requirements and ambitions of our stakeholders. You will regularly participate in estimation activities and are encouraged to identify opportunities to maximise test benefit within the team.
Reporting to and providing regular updates to the domain Test Lead; providing assurance at team retrospectives and planning sessions to ensure test best practice, continual improvements and appropriate standards are adhered to.
What we're looking for
- Data testing and/or back end testing
- Producing test scenarios, test data, and the underlying test code
- Agile methodologies and working closely with engineers
- Automating tests in a test-first CI/CD environment, such as Azure DevOps
- Testing in the cloud and knowledge of the Azure Portal (or similar)
- Designing and implementing functional & non-functional testing with TDD/BDD
- Ability to design the appropriate end to end test approach for complex backend systems
- Ability to allocate and prioritise own work when working on multiple tasks
- Qualified to Foundation Level in Software Testing (or equivalent)
Experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Ability to design and write automation test harnesses in C# or Scala
- Data technologies preferably Databricks, or other ETL techniques
- Ability to write PowerShell scripts
- Awareness of geospatial systems and technologies
To apply for this position please submit your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted