Research Engineer - 12 month FTC - Greater Edinburgh Area
Our client, an established and growing Scottish success story with their sights on further additions to their well-needed, exciting product line, has asked us to help them bring a wave of new talent into their function. Having placed a number of their most recent recruits ourselves, we can tell you for a fact they'll look after you, and have plenty of great case studies across the whole organisation to share!
On this occasion, they're on the hunt for a Research Engineer with Digital and Software Systems and ideally Algorithms to operate as a key part of their R&D-style team on a 12 month fixed term contract basis, and fully use their talents to:
- Produce well-documented designs & prototype implementations of technology demonstrators as well as deliver reports and associated documentation on evaluation methods, experiment designs and results to inform marketing decisions, enable new product development and facilitate tech asset verification
- Interact with external tech development partners both from unis and businesses to ensure successful knowledge transfer of prototypes, designs and assessments of tech assets into the organisation
- Interact with external research partners to ensure the efficacy of technology assets is sufficient to warrant "real world" use and meet their requirements
- Engage with stakeholders within and external to the organisation to support commercialisation of tech assets through product development and keep up to date with the latest relevant research, standards, regs and tech developments
What they're looking for in you:
- Proficiency in applicable tools / methods / languages for systems or subsystems development and track record of working with Digital Systems incl. development and characterisation of the performance of these systems
- Broad knowledge of electronic systems, digital hardware components for control and acquisition, and Software Systems incl. development of applications and/or embedded control
- Broad knowledge around programming languages, architecture and organisation, graphics and visualisation, parallel and distributed computing, operating systems, networking and communication, software engineering and software development fundamentals
- Ideally knowledge of Algorithms including development and application of algorithms in image and signal processing, complexity, computational science, graphics and visualisation
- Any understanding of optics / photonics / Mechanical Engineering with CAD would be ideal
In return, our client offers their employees ample opportunities to flourish technically, give back to the community in a very direct and rewarding way, and enjoy a range of different benefits with people at the centre, such as flexible and remote working arrangements and much more.
So if this sounds like the exciting opportunity you've been waiting for, apply now with your latest CV for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted