Lorien's leading banking client is looking for a experienced Environment Manger to join there team on a initial 6 month contract. This role will be work from home based and has a excellent rate on offer.
- In this key role, you'll be managing the efficient operation of existing environments used by a platform's applications
- You'll be working in a DevOps and Agile environment, acting as a central point of contact for all environment related activities
- It's an opportunity to work with a range of stakeholders across the bank and third-party suppliers, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for your work
What you'll do
As an Environment Manager, you'll be managing a set of end-to-end environments used by the platform's applications to successfully implement platform change and deliver customer value. We'll look to you to adapt the design and delivery to meet a dynamic continuous deployment approach. And you'll provide technical advice for all environment related activities, new infrastructure requirements and the introduction and onboarding of new technologies across the platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating business and infrastructure change by procuring new hardware, allocating and setting up environments, changing the release or build process and coordinating bank-wide infrastructure initiatives
- Refreshing and configuring production-like non-production environments and assisting with resolving infrastructure related production issues
- Understanding the upcoming flow of work and the customer vision to enable a fast response to environment related needs
- Preparing and reviewing the environment strategy which considers risks in relation to stability and resilience, creating stories and features for the domain backlog to enable a continual progression of changes
- Making sure that there's a culture of collaboration and transparency by communicating the environment status, health checks, status reports and service updates for the platform's environments to all stakeholders
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a capable communicator, with knowledge of scaled Agile and Prince 2 tools and methodologies spanning value stream, portfolio, platform and feature team levels. You'll also need good technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains and experience in multiple languages or technical domains.
We'll also expect:
- An understanding of relevant industry standard environment toolsets and processes
- Excellent knowledge of operational principles
- Previous exposure to virtualisation and cloud adoption models
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search