Data Solutions Architect
Our exclusive client works in close partnership with major business leaders to provide full extensive strategy to give precise data expertise. Our clients help gives these high potential organisations to make faster decisions and accelerate their performance.
Their clientele ranges from industry leading public companies to start ups hungry for an edge in their markets. The industries they work in are retail, media, consumer packaged goods, and gaming.
What you'll do:
Their Data Architects create and deliver optimal solutions meeting the needs their partners' businesses. You will need to engage throughout the whole project lifecycle, from understanding the business case and requirements, to modelling data, and transitioning into best practices for the business. You will need to coordinate activities with team members to define the most effective solution to the client problems while also using your knowledge of existing systems and services and capabilities available in their specialised marketplace.
Your only responsibility will be to develop, optimise and oversee conceptual and logical data systems. To push yourself and the companies goals in this role, you should know how to examine new data system requirements and implement data models. You will also have proven experience in data analysis, modelling, and governance, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Your main challenges will include:
- Stakeholder management: Interact with a range of people, from highly technical software developers to Senior Executive stakeholders. This means the ability to change style/approach is essential.
- Ownership: Take ownership of the overall architecture strategy/design for a complex program of work and communicate it to all members of a project team. Technical, architectural, functional and impact and risk elements of the design need to be conveyed to technical and non-technical members.
- Analysis and Review: Determine database structural requirements by analysing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with stakeholders; evaluating current systems.
- Development: Develop database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Governance: Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Monitoring and reporting: Advise on and prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams. Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Expertise in at least 4 of the 6 responsibilities above.
- Expertise in using modern data tools (i.e., SQL, Python).
- Experience of effective data architecture and modelling techniques (e.g. Kimball modelling).
- Significant commercial expertise using cloud technologies (i.e. Azure, AWS).
- A passion for building high quality products which drive real change for businesses.
- A results-oriented mindset with an eye for detail and a passion for data.
- Confident and concise communication skills, with the ability to drive alignment, collaboration, and efficiency within teams.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search