Senior Test Engineer - Edinburgh
Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer to join their team on a permanent, full time basis.
- Follow testing processes and techniques while carrying the following tasks:
- Analyse user stories and requirements to become fully immersed and develop subject matter expertise of solution at hand
- Develop Test Plans, Scenarios and Cases
- Identify, understand and implement test data needs
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks
- Collaborate closely with Analysts and Engineers, providing feedback on the soundness of proposed solutions, ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Using experience, domain knowledge and a risk-based approach, lead the testing effort effectively though functional, structured-exploratory and non-functional testing (UI, accessibility, performance and security)
- Contribute to the development of bespoke test automation solutions for front-end and web services, integrated in CI/CD pipeline, managed in code repository.
- Perform manual testing (exploratory and non-functional), record results and log defects
- Support and work closely with business stakeholders or users where engagement is needed
- Continuously assess and refactor test scenarios
- Provide test estimates on planned work and report on in flight projects
- Create and maintain documentation to share knowledge with the wider test team
- Identify and implement process improvements and solutions to increase the efficiency and across testing.
- Provide feedback on the techniques, solutions and tools used
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team
- Take active part in Test Community of Practice and Communities of Interest for the benefit of wider engineering community.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Considerable testing or development experience
- Expert knowledge in:
- Structured test methods and processes
- Common software designs
- Risk based approach to testing
- Experience working in collaborative agile development environments, preferably using BDD
- Good working knowledge or understanding of at least one programming or scripting language
- Experienced in supporting, building and maintaining test automation using Git and CI/CD
- Understanding of non-functional aspects of testing - such as UI, Accessibility, Security and Performance.
- Delivery focused approach with an attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an established Bank offering an excellent salary, benefits and career opportunities.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search