Lorien's public sector client are looking for a Solution Architect to join a multi-disciplinary data architecture team that will take the lead on transforming a key public service in Scotland. You will be getting in at the ground level of a large programme that will be built on the cloud and provide a platform for future innovation in the sector for years to come.
This is an initial 3 month contract and sits inside IR35. Initially you will be working from home with a phased return to the Edinburgh office.
- Leading on the approach to designing cloud-hosted solutions, implementations, as well as the management and mitigation of risks;
- Feeding into programme technology roadmaps and target architectures;
- Contributing to architectural principles, guidelines, and standards for the programme;
- Working with colleagues to ensure the organisations digital programme aligns with the organisations current and future business visions and goals;
- Developing more junior members of the team;
- Working as part of agile service delivery teams;
- Communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences;
- Collaborating with other organisations and initiatives across the public sector ecosystem;
- Researching and selecting the best approach / technology for particular business problems; and
- Defining, managing, and assuring vendor deliverables.
Essential Skills -
- Azure expertise, ideally with experience of other hyperscale cloud platforms as well;
- Development background;
- Component architectures such as SOA and EDA;
- Experience with agile build and integration practices;
- Automated testing;
- Experience of integrating COTS, bespoke solutions, and legacy;
- Experience of the complete Software Development Lifecycle;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience -
- Public sector experience, including delivery models such as Digital First Service Standard or similar;
- Agile experience;
- Experience of cross-organisation integrations;
- Service bus / messaging;
- Containerisation experience, e.g. Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.;
- Confident engaging with users and leadership;
- Azure Solutions Architect certifications;
- Experience of contributing to the definition of work packages for suppliers and delivery partners;
- TOGAF or similar frameworks.
Please send you CV for immediate consideration
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search