Contract - Initially until March 2022
Inside IR35 but competitive rate of up to £600 per day
Are you a software developer looking your next opportunity?
My client, one of the leading players in the health industry are looking for an experienced software engineer to join their team on an initial contract until March 2022. Working directly for the government you will be responsible for the software design and engineering in support of laboratory operations and management. In the role you will take a consultative approach to development, you will be working with stakeholders cross functionally whilst acting as a senior to a team of developers.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop workflows and interfaces between our commercial Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and our internal software platforms. This will include developing automation scripts, data validation rules, systems monitoring and alerting, and complex calculations.
- Contribute strongly to software engineering standards, documentation, tools, methods, and environments, delivering to fit a standardised approach to software engineering across the company. Collaborate with the wider team to avoid a collection of point-solutions and instead create a unified and integrated software portfolio supporting the whole UK Biocentre business-as-usual operation.
The skills required to be suitable for the role are:
- Knowledge of automation
- Experience in DevOps practices
- Do you have an investigative nature, can you problem solve?
- Demonstrated experience in software engineering and reporting with scripting languages such as Python and R
- Knowledge of programming of ERP applications
- Database design experience including complex SQL coding
If interested, please click apply today.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted