About the role
As Technical Lead, you are responsible for 'business building' powerhouse, leading a team who help our start-ups to develop their MVPs (minimum viable products) or technology concepts, guiding them on deciding what to build and how best to build it. You are wearing multiple hats, from being responsible for driving engineering services, to striving for 100% start-up satisfaction, leading on new growth opportunities, building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and getting stuck-in with coding or manual testing.
Some of the typical responsibilities include:
- Act as the first point of contact for startups needing support with their technology, helping them to identify their needs, and matching them to the appropriate assistance from your team
- Responsible for the definition and governance of the appropriate frameworks, principles, tools, policies and standards that apply to software development
- Core part of the Geovation senior leadership team, helping to define the business's strategy, OKRs and inputting into strategic decisions
As Technical Lead you'll have an entrepreneurial mind-set and be comfortable with getting stuck in. You'll be an excellent people leader, inspiring and motivating your team, leading by example and fostering a contagiously friendly environment that people love to be part of.
- You'll be technically skilled and willing to share your knowledge with your team on tech which may include, but not be limited to: Python, PHP, C++, NodeJS, GO, Docker, AWS, Perl, Docker, PostGIS, QGis or even CSS. Knowledge of geographical data sets is a benefit but not essential.
- We are looking for someone who can get stuck into the coding helping our start-ups develop their products, who knows GIS data sets and can help our start-ups to digest and use location data, and who can educate and inspire the more junior engineers in the team by sharing knowledge.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted